Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 4, Day 25

I was able to sleep, for the first time, last night before the email came through.  That is a good sign.  I'm not feeling like missing him is getting any easier at all, but at least sleep is getting easier.  :)  I am getting really excited at the thought of either talking to him or skyping with him in one month, on MOTHER'S DAY!!!  I can't wait.  It feels like he's been gone for so long!
Dear Family
Yes I can believe it. Only 19 days left. The light at the end of the tunnel is slowly coming into view. I’m glad you mailed me a letter mom. I was wondering why it seemed like everyone but my family had written me a letter!! Still haven’t gotten the package yet. Hopefully it comes today.
I have been doing well. This week was better than the others. Well today was really awesome. So Elder Webb and I are still doing great. Thank heavens. Life is so much better when you like your companion. The sister missionaries are still sister missionaries. I don’t really like being surrounded by girls all the time. Nothing against sister missionaries at all. They are wonderful. But I don’t like being around them. Some elders get distracted and it sort of feels like a big EFY or something. I will be glad when the MTC is over. Hermana Delgado is a little better. I’ve been trying to be more positive about that J Hermana Nielsen and I get along a lot better too now. One thing I’m getting good at is resolving problems that I have with people here. Which is a blessing. Heavenly Father is really helping me out right now. Hermana King is alright. We can talk now. I mean, we’re not close friends or anything but we’re cordial. She’s…alright. Haha.
I watched the Saturday morning session on Saturday night. And the next three sessions on Sunday. And I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY get to watch Elder Holland tonight in the last session. I have never been more excited for anything in my life!! Except for my mission. I literally can’t wait. From what I’ve heard of the topic, it is perfect for me right now. Wow I can’t wait.
That’s cool about Anneli.  I saw her in conference. Singing. She’s definitely talented. I didn’t see Kylie. Even though I tried to look for her in the preshow thingy. Didn’t find her. I was SOO happy when I found out about Derek. What a wonderful blessing. I sometimes can’t believe how blessed all of us are. The Lord truly blesses his disciples.
Here’s my week:
The food here is getting difficult to handle. Honestly I don’t know what they put in it. I eat frosted flakes EVERY morning. Sometimes tortilla de patata when they make it. Of course out of all of the Spanish food I’ve eaten here in the MTC (it’s all been stuff that you’ve made mom) You make it WAY better than these cafeteria ladies do. Obviously. I can’t really compare my mom’s cooking to that of underpaid lunch ladies. But still. Makes me miss home. It’s doing something weird to all of us. I swear my stomach sounds like the lagoon in the pirates of the carribean ride at Disneyland. With all the groaning trees and croaking frogs. It’s like the volume to my digestive system has gone from mute to MAX. It’s honestly embarrassing. Except it’s not just me. Thankfully. Anyway. Countdown to April 30th.
This week has been pretty boring. I mean, we do the same thing every day. I went to the Prado museum a week ago for my excursion. Second biggest art museum in Europe. All of the other elders got bored. I could have spend all day in there. Classless people. I was loving that art. So much history in one building!! I really want to go to the Lourve (no idea if that’s right) now. So today I am doing Elder Webb a favor and going to the Real Madrid Stadium with him. I have no desire to waste fifteen euros on a stupid tour of a soccer stadium, but I love him. So I’m being nice. Haha. I could actually go with someone else if I wanted, but he wants me to go with him. I’m gonna be positive about it though!! I am actually starting to love soccer. I played it a few times this week and, even though I am awful at it, it’s really fun. So that’s good. I look like a fool when I play soccer. I would sprint towards the ball and prepare myself for a power kick as the ball is coming towards me and then I would hurl my foot with all my force and totally miss the ball. I will then proceed to fall on my butt. That happened like three times. But I still love soccer. Nothing wrong with being humbled!! J
So this week has been a really monotonous week. But I have been trying a lot harder than normal. I’m getting better at planning my study time and I am doing better with focusing. So that’s good. Thanks guys for all of your prayers. I can feel them. I am in an incredible mood right now and it has nothing to do with how this week went. As I’m writing about it, this week wasn’t that great. Haha. We got new investigators. Fake ones. That’s exciting. But teaching maestros posing as investigators is getting a little old. My Spanish is improving. Yay! I don’t really worry about it too much though. Some people beat themselves up about the language. I just beat myself up about other stuff. I’ve been feeling guilty today. Last night was “P-day eve” and I sinned. It was ten thirty and E. Easton and Smith were talking smack about something to Elder Ellsworth (all in good fun) and then I made a snide remark to them about how unintelligent they were being, and then (they had been threatening to come beat up elder ellsworth because he was antagonizing them, but it was all a joke) they decided to finally live up to their words and come and get me. So they climb down from their beds and walk towards mine and Elder Ellsworth is on the top bunk of my bottom bunk and he gets down and stands in front of my bed!! They were like “we’re going for sharp, not you” and Elder Ellsworth said “I know” And I was so happy!! What a bro. Even though everyone was joking and we are all incredibly close, he made me feel so happy! Too bad he’s getting married as soon as he gets home from his mission. Cause I would love to have him as a roommate. He’s going to Malaga. Anyway. I get up and then Elder Ellsworth and I start wrestling Elder Easton and Smith AFTER 10:30. It was really fun. It only lasted a minute until Frederich fake knocked on the door. But then we all had one on one competitions for a half hour so. I was so into it. It was a blast but I couldn’t fall asleep afterwards. My blood was racing all night and my mind was thinking all these stupid weird thoughts. All about fighting and competition and personal glory. Although grappling tap out isn’t a sin, it definitely didn’t bring me closer to Christ. So I learned a lot from that experience. Plus I disobeyed. Which is always bad.
So I am excited to watch Elder Holland tonight. Really excited. Conference was wonderful. I have a deep love and appreciation for our leaders.
Well I am going to go now. Over time again J I love all of you so much. I miss you. Mom I won’t be able to email back. Or respond to Dad’s email. But I will write letters today and mail them. I really love that Dad sent me a personal email like that. It really meant a lot to me. Dad I love you so much. I have the utmost respect for you. I will respond to it in a letter. No more time for emailing. I miss you both so much. And all of my brothers. I love you
Elder Sharp
PS. After April 23rd don’t send letters to this location. Send it to the mission home.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING these letters Preston. You are so wonderful. Thanks for so many details. I feel like I can get a better understanding of what your life is like right now. I am so proud of you!!! You are going to change lives. :-) We'll hopefully get a letter or two off to you soon. You are always in our prayers. Take care. Love, Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete