Monday, July 22, 2013

Preston's Reaction and 4 Month Mark

So he was able to watch Spencer open his call on the blog.  (Palakiko was Preston's roommate and close friend at BYU.)  It sounds like he's crazy busy and the next few weeks will be heavy for him.  We'll definitely be praying for him.

My dear family, 

Spencer...I love you. I know that CA is where you are meant to serve. San Fernando, California. I don´t know much about that area, but there is a passionate young elder named Palakiko Chandler serving there right now. I can´t email a lot right now. I have like ten minutes. I WILL TRY AS HARD AS I CAN to get back on while I am in Malaga. I have to go pick up my greenie in Malaga today and I won´t get back till tomorrow. Yeah. Transfers are here, and Pardo is going to be a zone leader in Seville. I am staying here, and am going to train a new elder. I have never felt so unprepared for anything in my entire life. I am way too young to train. But we are blind leading the blind in this mission. At least in Jerez. This was a hard weekend for me too. I found out on Friday. I also have to teach the area to the hermanas that will get here on tuesday night with me and my new companion. One of the hermanas will be brand new too, so we´ll get here together. My train leaves this morning (monday) at noon. This weekend has been one of the most stressful weekend of my life. Trying to finalize everything with the hermana´s piso and whatnot. Splitting an area is seriously stressful. I can´t believe I am going to be in charge now. I relied on Elder Pardo so much. I am afraid. But I also know that Heavenly Father will help me.  

Spencer I want you to know how proud I am of you. I love you so much. I will try to email a longer email with my feelings about everything. Hopefully I can. I will do my best. We are called by a prophet of God, and if we really know that God wants us to go wherever we are called, nothing else matters. I know you hear this stuff all the time. But please realize that the location does not matter. Spain is basically like spanish speaking southern california anyway. Except with crappy grocery stores and no houses. Really. And I definitely haven´t embraced a new culture or anything. Just struggled with a new language. You´re so flipping lucky you get to speak english. And work with a ward that actually does what they should be doing. I know right now in the stage where it´s supposed to be all exciting and whatnot, CA might be a little disappointing. But I PROMISE you that when the silly ridiculous fantasy stage wears off, you will be glad that you are in CA. Missionary work is missionary work. It doesn´t matter where you are. I promise. Spain is just spain to me. Nothing cool or exciting. Just the place where I sweat all day and try to preach the gospel. It happens that way with everyone. G2G. Will write more. Love you. Pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment