Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Companero!!

Dear Mom,

Elder Erickson is from Boise Idaho. He is super awesome. I already feel really close to him. So far I have had two companions and they are both shorter than me. Which is not what I expected. But whatever!! He is really athletic and big into sports and working out.. Super short and ripped, and people think he looks like Brad Pitt. (the picture on the blog doesn´t look like him that much). But he is a really great guy. I am glad that he is my son!! He is here to work and he speaks rather well. We have bonded a lot already. He´s super funny too. He went to Utah State for a year and then worked for a year in California and Utah. He has lived on his own for like two years. He has like 8 siblings and his whole family is LDS. He is 20 years old. We have some things in common, but he definitely ran with a different crowd than I did!! He makes my life seem so boring. Hahaha. And compared to his, it was. But he´s an awesome guy. I am happy to be with him.

As far as my week goes, not a whole lot going on. I got back to the Rez at ten o clock that night and we had a welcoming party waiting for us. I set it up for the hermanas. Ward members and stuff were there waiting for us at the train station. Then we all drove to the hermanas new piso and helped them get their bags in and then went home. We spent the next three and a half days with the hermanas visiting members and trying to get them all transitioned in the new área. They are great. Hermana Johns is a champ, and Chance is learning fast. Haha. She is from herriman. I knew of her in high school. Oh and I got to see Jordan Quinn which was awesome!!! I hope he is doing well. But yeah, finally on Saturday we Split off and Elder Erickson and I went to our own área. Things are going a Little slow right now. Jose and Ana are not doing well. I met with them on Saturday and they don´t want to be baptized right now. They said they have too many obligations in their life right now and that they feel guilty about not coming to church and all that, so they want us to give them a break until after summertime. When their life will be more tranquilo. I was devastated. Those were our only promising investigators. Well, basically. We will still pass by and teach them and all that, but they definitely aren´t ready to be baptized. It´s really frustrating. But we have promising futures and all that. We just need to start finding. Victoriano is still doing amazing. Yesterday in church I took the sacrament and looked up at him using his priesthood and passing it to me and just smiled. That´s such a great feeling. I am so happy that he is so dedicated to the góspel. Not every convert is. Most aren´t actually. So this week in Jerez one we will be trying to find new investigators. And listening to the Spirit as much as possible.

Heavenly Father has really helped me a lot this week. Honestly I feel like I have changed so much in just a few days. I prayed and prayed for Him to help me be ready to train, and He came through. I am constantly being surprised when I know where to go and what to say. Actually, most of the time I don't know exactly where to go or what to say, but I just keep walking and keep talking and it all Works out perfectly. I have really come to trust in the Lord lately. My ability to speak the language is much better than I thought it was. Much better than it was a week ago. And I know it's because He's helping me. There is nothing to fear because I know He will be along my side, helping me. I am so excited to keep growing. I sometimes get a Little overwhelmed when I think about the 19 and a half months I have left. But I need every second of it. I just can't waste any of this time because I don't have a lot of it.

The hermanas live about 25 minutes away from us walking. They live in their side of Jerez and we live in ours. We don't proselyte in each other's áreas. They are the first sisters in about 10 years in the Rez. And the Ward likes them way more than us. Everyone wants to feed them and drive them everywhere. Haha. I feel bad for Erckson sometimes cause he probably didn't expect this. But it's ok. I knew it would be this way. I dont mind it. I have lost like 12 pounds since I left on the misión. I am eating a lot and really well. You would be really surprised mom. I think I am just losing muscle though. But Elder Erickson and I have gone running once. But he has tons of blisters from walking around all day so we have to wait until his foot is healed. It is really interesting to watch him experience the same things I experienced three months ago. He hates walking. Hahaha. I remember that feeling. But you get used to it after a few weeks. He will be fine. He doesn't have it that bad. We got a Brand new fridge and an AC machine that Works SOO well. We sleep with it super cold at night. He never knew what it was like to sweat yourself to sleep at night. And our fridge never really worked. It kept food from going bad, but nothing was ever really cold. Now that I have a fridge that keeps things cold my life is just so much better. I am loving it. And I love training. I learn so much more. Seriously. I am excited for the next three months. Right now I am in Puerto with Elder Hooper and Whetten cause my comp had to go to Malaga to do his residency papers. I love being around hooper. I just study him so that I can become like him.

Your week sounds like it was jam packed. You have a rather busy life. I would be there helping Dad with the yard if I were home. I feel bad that he has to do it himself. I can't wait for trek to be over just for your sake. That will be a big stress off of your shoulders. I hope your birthday was great. Even though you had to watch Wolverine. I really want to see the new Super man movie. Have you seen it? Is it good? Elder Ward from the train accident is doing ok. Thank heavens. I hope everything goes well for him. I Heard he is gonna be a great missionary. Can I have Bishopp's address? And Emily SMith's emal address?

I am glad all of you are happy. I would have loved to go to Riders in the Sky. Seriously. We're going when I get back. I miss you all a lot. But being with an american helps. It really does. Tell Brig happy birthday for me. Tomorrow he'll be 17. Time really flies. Sometimes too fast and other times not fast enough. Well have a great week. I am doing well. I wouldn't give this up for anything. I wish the people who aren't choosing to serve could see how utterly important this time is. I am already emotional about my misión. I absolutely love being here. I have already learned so much and I will always appreciate this time in my life. There is no greater work. No greater cause.

I love you all
Elder Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment