Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last week's letter

What a miracle!!! I don´t have much time this week, but we had the coolest experience ever. 


We had absolutely no hopes in baptizing Andrea´s family. They left on Sunday morning to Belgium. It was Wednesday and we were teaching Maria the mom of Andrea and Gabriela who is her cousin. We knew they were leaving in literally four days. We showed up to the house with absolutely no idea what we were going to teach. We walk in and sit down and just start talking for a while. We had planned on talking about the holy ghost I think with Andrea. But for some reason during the middle of the lesson, we both felt a super strong impression to start talking about the requirements for baptism. It was a very clear impression. It was weird because I honestly never even dreamed or hoped that they would get baptized before they left. We didn´t even try to push them. But we felt like we should invite them to be baptized on Saturday morning, the day before the left to Belgium. So we went over DC 20:37 and talked about how the Nephites in 3rd Nephi didn´t wait one second to be baptized after Christ left for the first time...and we felt the spirit a ton in that lesson. We invited them, and they said no way... So I was a little disanimated. So we just invited them to pray and ask god that night if he wanted them to be baptized on saturday (which was three days away) and they said they would. So we leave and go back the next day (thursday) and somehow elder wiley ended up teaching gabriela in the corner and I was teaching maria with the rest of Andrea´s family. I couldnt´hear wiley at all. I had no idea what he was talking to her about. But I taught Maria and asked her about her prayer and she said that she felt God´s answer, but that she was afraid. So we went over the baptismal interview questions, and I honestly don´t even know what I said to her. But all of the sudden Maria just called out to Gabriela (who was with Wiley) across the room ¨Gabby, I am getting baptized this saturday!!" and then gabriela turned around and said ¨me too!!!¨ 

I about fell out of my chair. It was incredible. I was a little scared to baptize them that soon. But I knew and felt that it was what God wanted. So we did the interviews the next day on Friday, and they were baptized on Saturday morning and confirmed right afterwards ( we got special permission) and then they left the next day to Belgium. 

It was great. Seriously one of the coolest miracles I have seen on my mission. I am very worried about them though. We have already contacted their bishop in Belgium, and there are latinos there that will take care of them. The mother of Gabby and the sister of Maria didn´t get baptized because it was too soon for her. So the missionaries in Belgium will get that reference soon and will take care of them. And I will email them every week and make sure that they are ok. But I really don´t like not being with my recent converts after the baptism. I don´t care how many people I baptize, but I do care that they stay active and close to the gospel. So far all 13 are good in the church. But I am worried about the two in Belgium. Anyway. I really love this family. They are so amazing and It was REALLY hard for me to say goodbye to them. 

I know that God will take care of them for me. And I am not going to forget about them. 


Well I love you all. This is seriously the greatest time of my mission. Elche is the best

No comments:

Post a Comment