Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Rooster

Dear Family, 

Hello!!!!!! ! ! ! ! How are you? Kyle is home. WOW. That´s crazy. I really wish I could see a picture or something. Well that´s it I guess. Next is Kayla right? And then Hunter. And then me. Weird. 

I am STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Yes. I really wanted to stay. Six more weeks in Elche. That´ll be four transfers. Which means I will have spent more time in Elche than in any other area. 

Andrea got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) It was the greatest baptismal service I have ever been to. I seriously loved it. Andrea is so special. I love her to death. I love her family too. She has tons of family here in Elche. Her mom and aunt and cousin are amazing. They all want to be baptized. But the problem is that they are moving to Belgium in a week. Andrea isn´t, she will be living with other members of her family here in Elche. But still. It´s really sad for me. But I keep reminding myself. It doesn´t matter WHO baptizes anyone. Thanks to God for guiding us to Andrea, her entire family will be baptized and receive the gospel within the next two years. No doubt about it. She will bring her entire family. And there are tons of them. We´ve met at least 10, and she has a lot of others here. It´s so wonderful. So althought it may not be me who is there to witness it all, that doesn´t matter. What matters is that these people have the chance to accept the gospel. I feel like Andrea will be the cause of SO many souls finding the gospel. 

I suppose I would rather just have the money. I can buy a cheap suit from HM or something. And then have that one when I get back. It will be nice to have at least one american suit that isn´t trashed. That poor black suit has seen it´s days. Guess what though? Still fits me. It was tight from the beginning. So were my baptism pants. I hadn´t put those bad boys on since September. I used them last night and they fit better than they did 8 months ago. Which is a relief. 

I don´t have a lot of time today. But I hope you are well. SOOOOO happy about Clayton. Seriously. That is the greatest news ever. I am glad that he felt the spirit. Feeling the spirit and crying are very different, but often we mix that up. Good thing Clayton has no tear ducts. He would never mistake crying for feeling the spirit. EFY is awesome. 

Hermana R has a crazy obsession with studying. In her free time she studies Heavenly Mother and stuff like that. She is...well...she really likes knowing things, and she struggles a little with the way that some things are. I admire her so much. She doesn´t want the priesthood or anything, she just wants to understand. But anyway. People send her all these crazy talks and stuff. I read a twenty page BYU study on Heavenly Mother. It´s fascinating. You should look it up. But yeah. Hermana Rawle is leaving. Which is sad. But that´s ok. I just really love the people that I have met here. 

Well what else do I say?? I got an awful haircut. AWFUL. I keep trying to ask members to do it so that I can save money but I decided that it´s just not going to work out. Three people worked on my hair, and the end result is at least not a hack job. But it´s a gross european haircut that makes me look like a rooster. That´s ok though. It grows fast. 

I am trying to convince Spencer to go to UVU. And then live with me in Provo. Fingers crossed. 

Well that´s about it. I love you all a lot. I miss you. Want to know something scary? After this transfer flies by, I will only have five left. My time is seriously ticking. It´s...scary. 

Love, elder sharp





No comments:

Post a Comment